In January 2022, we’re moving to a new debit card provider in order to offer you additional benefits and security features, and to do that, we have to send out new cards.
Here’s what you need to know:
- You’ll be sent a new debit card soon along with instructions on how to activate and set your PIN.
- Activate your card immediately but continue to use your current debit card through January 18.
- On January 18, begin using your new Mastercard® debit card and destroy your old one.
- Your new card is contactless! You can choose to pay for purchases by simply holding or tapping your card on the checkout terminal at participating retailers — simply look for the contactless symbol where contactless payments are accepted.
- To avoid a disruption in service, be sure to provide your new debit card number to any businesses that charge your card for recurring or automated payments. If you’ve linked your PTCCU debit card to payment services such as Venmo, Cash App or PayPal, you’ll need to update your card number there also. Other examples include:
- Phone & Wireless
- Coming soon! Your new card will be eligible for mobile wallets! You can register your new debit card in Apple Pay®, Google Pay™ or Samsung Pay® for an easy and secure payment experience. We’ll let you know when this new service is ready.
After January 18, you’ll have access to some new security features including:
- Text or phone call alerts if suspicious activity is suspected on your debit card. Add these numbers to your contacts now so you know to answer them if they contact you: Text message:
- Text message: 72718
- Phone call: 855-219-5399
- Brella — a free mobile app that sends you alerts when your debit card is used so you can quickly detect unauthorized activity. If you receive an alert, you can quickly take action to prevent fraud.
You can choose the type of alerts you want:
- Purchases exceeding thresholds you set.
- Purchases made via the internet or over the phone.
- Suspicious or high-risk purchases.
With Brella, you can also:
- Turn your debit card on or off.
- Send money to friends and family.
- Submit travel notices.
- Check your account balance.
- Find nearby ATMs.
Visit your app store and search for “Brella Card Manager” to download and register your new debit card.
While we expect minimal disruption during this change, please contact us if you have any issues. We appreciate your business and are sure you’ll love your new debit card. If you have any questions, please call or visit your local branch. You can also text us at 877-983-1558.